Have you lost some of your teeth? If so, then you should visit Mountain Peak Dental for our many restoration options. In addition to bridges and implants, we also offer dentures that can replace the teeth missing from your smile. However, you may wonder what type of dentures will work best for you? To learn more, take a look at the different types of dentures available:
- Immediate Full Dentures: If we are extracting the last remaining teeth in your mouth, then we can provide dentures immediately after this procedure. The only disadvantage to these dentures is that you may need to reline or replace them after a few months because your jaw bone will shrink after the tooth extraction procedure.
- Conventional Full Dentures: You will not wear these dentures until several months after your jaw heals from a tooth extraction. Though this may seem like a long wait time, it helps to ensure that the fit of your dentures lasts longer.
- Partial Dentures: If you are only missing a few of your teeth, then these dentures are for you. They replace the lost teeth and sit in your mouth securely by attaching to the remaining teeth with a metal framework.
- Overdentures: Do you still have a few teeth remaining in your mouth? We can prepare these teeth with crowns designed to let a set of dentures snap over them, giving the dentures increased stability as you eat and speak.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: These dentures work like the overdentures, but they snap over dental implants instead of teeth. These implants are placed securely in the jaw bone and help to prevent it from shrinking.
Call Mountain Peak Dental today to learn more about our dentures in Hamilton, Montana, and which type works best for you.